Schick - Hydro 5 cuts my head

I have been shaving my head for over 35 years. Ever since your Hydro5 blade came out I have used it.

Recently I got a four blade dispenser and changed the blade on my razor. The first swipe I knew something was wrong. This blade cut like it had been used for six months without a change. There was a path on my skull where I had just shaved.

The skin was red and felt irritated. I removed the blade and threw it out and put another new blade from the dispenser on my razor. Same thing with the new blade. The blades cut like they had been used up but on close inspection, there was no evidence any of them had been used before.

I am not shaving my head for a week or so to let the skin heal so I can go back to shaving every other shower. It won't be with a Hyro5 razor.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I've never thought that these multi blade razors were much good. I've tried a few of them buy inevitably return to simpler designs.

The blade area of a 4 bladed razor is to large and flat to conform to the contours of your head ; it's as graceful as a garbage truck.

In this case, less is more ; stick with a lighter and more maneuverable system - that might help you. Don't need a sledge hammer to pound a picture nail into the wall.

to Anonymous #1628057

Previous to this problem I was able to use Hydro 5 blades for 3-4 weeks before they got dull shaving every other day. Now I am letting my skin heal for 5-6 days before trying with a new pack of Hydro 5 blades. I have several of these razors so changing to another style is expensive.

Schick - Dull blades

My first shave with the HYDRO was not a good experience. The blades were not sharp and I changed them for a new refill and the next blades were fine.

When you buy a product you expect it to be what it professes to be and not a reject. I hope the rest of the blades will be what they should be.

I also hope that other men who have bought this system have not had the same experience that I have had. I would appreciate hearing from the SCHICK company with some explanation of how a blade for their HYDRO razor passed inspection and made it to a retail store and then to a customer.

I am Richard Key: moonshinerkey@netscape.net

Product or Service Mentioned: Schick Hydro Razor.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

h.kitchener

Sounds like you just got a bad batch of blades. Something happened at the factory.

It happens. Schick has a website. Contact them with your complaint and perhaps they will send you a coupon or such.

I learned to shave from my grandfather using a straight edge and progressed from there to the Gillette Blue Blades and then the various stainless steel types. However, I rarely bought new blades but just continued using the same blades for months via the simple method of placing them in a small model Great Pyramid of Giza after use each day and voila, the blade was kept sharp for months.

Schick in Owings Mills, Maryland - Simple Review #1469315658

Don't use the shock Hydro Trimmer/Razor my husband went to use his for the first time tonight 7/23/16 and the trimmer part fell off into the sink drain he tried to catch it but wasn't able to.

Product or Service Mentioned: Schick Hydro Razor.